Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How should by employee aflac pretax deductions affect their…

Customer Question
How should by employee...

How should by employee aflac pretax deductions affect their W2 forms?

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The employees that have had aflac pretax deductions taken out Boxes 1 does not match 3 and 5. Is that correct? Does there need to be an amount showing up in Box 12?

Accountant's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
1/19/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 2 years ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Certain pretax deduction will reduce amount in box 1 (401K, 403 deductions) and certain deductions (medical, dental, HSA) will reduce all 3 boxes. Usually, box 12 is used to list the pretax deductions and a specific code is used. But that's not always the case. Sometimes the deductions are listed in box 14, usually without the codes.

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney