Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

How should by employee aflac pretax deductions affect their

Customer Question

Customer: How should by employee aflac pretax deductions affect their W2 forms?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The employees that have had aflac pretax deductions taken out Boxes 1 does not match 3 and 5. Is that correct? Does there need to be an amount showing up in Box 12?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Certain pretax deduction will reduce amount in box 1 (401K, 403 deductions) and certain deductions (medical, dental, HSA) will reduce all 3 boxes. Usually, box 12 is used to list the pretax deductions and a specific code is used. But that's not always the case. Sometimes the deductions are listed in box 14, usually without the codes.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.