Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am a S-corp. Why am I receiving a 1099? Im the developer,

Customer Question
selling to the builder? Business...
I am a S-corp. Why am I receiving a 1099? Im the developer, selling to the builder? Business to businessDont understandThanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
1/17/2016
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 1 year ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

As I mentioned on your other question, IRS has been utilizing the audit process highly here. The exemption for 1099-MISC being sent to corporations does not apply to 1099-S.

Becaus of the increased scrutiny MANY closing agents are send 1099-s regardless of any. Exemption.

...

See this from IRS (from the instructions for 1099-S

...

"Exceptions

The following is a list of transactions that are not reportable; however, you may choose to report them. If you do, you are subject to the rules in these instructions."

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks. Understand, closing agents sending anyway, cya deal. So I'm most likely to be auditedThanks

"CYA," exactly

...

IRS doesn't help what they say that they are more than welcome to send it anyway.

...

Hope this has helped … let me know if you have questions

...

If this HAS helped, (and you don’t have additional questions on this), I'd really appreciate your positive rating … (by using the stars or rating request on your screen) … … That’s the only way I'll be credited a portion of what you've paid JustAnswer.

...

Thank you,

Lane

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS