Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a state of Georgia tax lien that was paid in March…

Customer Question
I have a state of...
I have a state of Georgia tax lien that was paid in March 2009. It is my understanding that it is scheduled to fall off my credit report in March 2016. Is there anything that I need to do now with the credit bureau's or the county in which the tax lien was filed to a sure that it's removed on the seventh year anniversary?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
1/17/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 2 years ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Normally, you don't need to do anything. The credit bureaus should remove the old items automatically. If paid and release it should be removed after 7 years from the date it was filed. You can check at the end of March and if it is still there than you can request to have it removed. You will have to make the request directly to the credit bureau: Trans Union, Equifax and/or Experian. But you will have to wait until March.

Thank you.

Your'e welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you

emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser