Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a year where I know I didn't file a federal

Customer Question
income tax return. I want...
I have a year where I know I didn't file a federal income tax return. I want to know if I have missed any other years. Is there a way I can find this information on irs.gov?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/17/2016
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 2 years ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi.

...

Yes, You can find a record of past tax returns on the Get Transcript page on irs.gov.

Before the days when the IRS system was hacked, you could get the information immediately, but now you can still gothere and ORDER the transcripts and they say (pasted FROM that page)

• Transcripts arrive in 5 to 10 calendar days at the address we have on file for you

This is the only way to get that information on the IRS site.

...

To request a transcript by telephone, call the IRS at 1-***-***-**** and follow the prompts in the recorded message.

Tax return transcripts are free. After the IRS has processed a return, transcripts are available for the current tax year and the past three tax years.

...

Actual copies of your tax returns are generally available for the current tax year and as far back as six years. The fee for each copy you order is $57. To request a copy of your tax return, complete Form 4506; https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

Hope this has helped … let me know if you have questions

...

If this HAS helped, (and you don’t have additional questions on this), I'd really appreciate your positive rating … (by using the stars or rating request on your screen) … … That’s the only way I'll be credited a portion of what you've paid JustAnswer.

...

Thank you,

Lane