Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

What determines state incomtax liability

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
1/17/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

If you are asking if a person must file in CT, that depends on their residency and where their income is sourced.

If they are a resident then they are taxed in CT on all their income. If a non resident only their CT sourced income is taxable. If part year resident then all their income while a resident is taxable and Ct sourced income while a non resident for the year.

Their tax liability is after exemptions and deductions are calculated.

After you view my response, please post below if you need more information or if you need no further clarification a positive rating is appreciated.
I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate it when you take the extra time!

Please advise if you need more information so I can continue to assist you.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4