Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have a Sub Chapter S Corp which I want to close. The corp.

Customer Question
owns some stock and land...
I have a Sub Chapter S Corp which I want to close. The corp. owns some stock and land. Is their any way to transfer those assets to me personally?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
1/17/2016
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax. I will assist.

You can distribute assets out to you any time, either as a distribution or as a liquidating distribution. The second option is a final distribution in exchange for your shares to close out the corp.

Transfer of the stock just requires an account in your name and a corporate resolution authorizing the transfer that you give to your brokerage. The real property requires a transfer via deed that your attorney can handle.

The assets go out to you at their fair market value, so appraisal is a good idea. Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.

PDtax
PDtax