How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4475
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Sub Chapter S Corp which I want to close. The corp.

Customer Question

I have a Sub Chapter S Corp which I want to close. The corp. owns some stock and land. Is their any way to transfer those assets to me personally?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax. I will assist.

You can distribute assets out to you any time, either as a distribution or as a liquidating distribution. The second option is a final distribution in exchange for your shares to close out the corp.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Transfer of the stock just requires an account in your name and a corporate resolution authorizing the transfer that you give to your brokerage. The real property requires a transfer via deed that your attorney can handle.

The assets go out to you at their fair market value, so appraisal is a good idea. Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.

Related Tax Questions