Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Received a notice that I failed to report income. The

Customer Question
Received a notice that I...
Received a notice that I failed to report income. The message was that I worked for a company that belonged to a former girlfriend- I never worked for her or her company. What can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
1/17/2016
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 years ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax.

Tax authorities do not call and leave these messages. Sounds like a scam. Either do nothing or report this to the police and the tax authorities.

If you do get a notice in writing, there are fed and state ways to report this as identity theft. It's become so common that IRS has a special firm just to report it. You just don't need it yet.

Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.