How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4515
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Received a notice that I failed to report income. The

Customer Question

Received a notice that I failed to report income. The message was that I worked for a company that belonged to a former girlfriend- I never worked for her or her company. What can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax.

Tax authorities do not call and leave these messages. Sounds like a scam. Either do nothing or report this to the police and the tax authorities.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

If you do get a notice in writing, there are fed and state ways to report this as identity theft. It's become so common that IRS has a special firm just to report it. You just don't need it yet.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.