Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
58285678

I received a recorded message from the IRS stating that I

Customer Question

I received a recorded message from the IRS stating that I had a legal problem with the IRS. I was unable to replay the message or remember the phone number I was supposed to call.
Harry J. Peterson 4405 Oxford Cr, Corpus Christi, TX 78411 (1-***-***-****) ###-##-####
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 1 year ago.

The IRS does not call taxpayers to tell them that there is a legal problem. The message that you received is more than likely a scam call. If you want to check with the IRS to see if there is a problem with your account, you can call them at 1-***-***-****. Be prepared to be on hold for a long time. For more information regarding various scams, refer to the following IRS webpage.

https://www.irs.gov/uac/Report-Phishing

Let me know if I can further assist you with this matter.