Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I received a recorded message from the IRS stating that I…

Customer Question
I received a recorded message...
I received a recorded message from the IRS stating that I had a legal problem with the IRS. I was unable to replay the message or remember the phone number I was supposed to call.
Harry J. Peterson 4405 Oxford Cr, Corpus Christi, TX 78411 (1-***-***-****) ###-##-####
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
1/17/2016
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 2 years ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

The IRS does not call taxpayers to tell them that there is a legal problem. The message that you received is more than likely a scam call. If you want to check with the IRS to see if there is a problem with your account, you can call them at 1-***-***-****. Be prepared to be on hold for a long time. For more information regarding various scams, refer to the following IRS webpage.

https://www.irs.gov/uac/Report-Phishing

Let me know if I can further assist you with this matter.