Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Merlo. I want to know if I elect C corporation entity

Customer Question
***** *****. Hi Merlo...

***** *****. Hi Merlo. I want to know if I elect C corporation entity classification with the IRS, will I be considered an employee or still regarded as self-employed?

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have filed an LLC article of organization. I was wondering if I would be considered an employee or self-employed if I elect my LLC to be taxed as corporation with the IRS?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
1/17/2016
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 2 years ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

An LLC is considered to be a disregarded entity for tax purposes. If you elect C corporation status for your LLC, you will not be considered self-employed. The C corporation will file its own tax return, and you will file your own personal tax return.

The default status for a single member LLC is sole proprietorship, and you would be considered self employed for tax purposes and use Schedule C of Form 1040 to report your income and expenses. You would also be considered self employed if you elect S corporation status for the LLC.

Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to assist you.

Best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent