Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My name is ***** ***** and I have a lien on my truck. I 't…

Customer Question
Hi... My name is...

Hi... My name is ***** ***** and I have a lien on my truck. I don't know who to call to see why or what I owe..

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Yes

Accountant's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
1/16/2016
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 2 years ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi - who's the lienholder?

Is this a tax issue ? Or is this about your loan on the truck?

...

Let me know and we can go from there

..

Lane

I paid cash for the truck. When I went to the BMV they kept the title.. So I think is a tax issue I don't know about..

Can you tell me your state and county?

La Porte, Indiana
La Porte County

GOt it ...give me a sec

OK what you;ll want to do is call this number.

...

The lien could have been placed for any of several different issues (very possibly sales tax?)

...

Barbara A. Dean, Recorder***** Suite 201
LaPorte, IN 46350
Phone:(###) ###-####Ext. 2280/2234/2209
Fax:(###) ###-####/p>

...

They can tell you what the lien is about ( becasue is has to be recorded with this office )

...

Once you find out who PLACED the lien le tme know and we can go from there

...

Lane

..

...

Just checking back in to see if you saw the answer, and if you needed more.

...

I'm going to make what's called an "additional services offer," (for the lowest amount JustAnswer will allow ($5) so that if you'd like we can talk through this on the phone and/or I can makes some calls FOR you.

...

Let me know...

..

Lane

.

OK made the offer... Only accept if you'd like to talk through this.

...

If this HAS helped, (and you don’t have additional questions on this), I'd really appreciate your positive rating … (by using the stars or rating request on your screen) … … That’s the only way I'll be credited a portion of what you've paid JustAnswer.

...

Thank you,

Lane

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

Did my answer help?

Let me know…

Thanks

Lane