How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29966
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I Have a loan out corporation located in New Jersey

Customer Question

I Have a loan out corporation located in New Jersey (employer pays me instead of my corporation) I am a television show producer working on a show in NYC or LA, do some work at home in nj. Is this type of service subject to NJ Sales Tax.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

NJ Sales and Use Tax applies to receipts from retail sale, rental, or use of tangible personal property or digital property; retail sale of producing, fabricating, processing, installing, maintaining, repairing, and servicing tangible personal property or digital property; maintaining, servicing, or repairing real property; certain direct-mail services; tattooing, tanning, and massage services; investigation and security services; information services; limousine services; sales of restaurant meals and prepared food; rental of hotel and motel rooms; certain admission charges; certain membership fees; parking charges; storage services; sales of magazines and periodicals; delivery charges; and telecommunications services, except as otherwise provided in the Sales and Use Tax Act.
So - if just provide personal services not listed above - you are NOT subject to sales tax.

But if you are selling specific products - we need to verify what exactly you are selling and whether that sale takes place in NJ.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

I might suggest following publications for better understanding NJ sales tax responsibilities

You may specifically select publications related to your services or products.

Please be aware if you provide services in NYC or LA - there will be different state laws and regulations - based on the physical place where services are provided or where the ownership is transferred.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you will all tax related issues.