Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

FTB levy.
, I live and work in Germany since 1990. I

Customer Question
Customer: ***** *****, FTB levy...
Customer: ***** *****, FTB levy.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I live and work in Germany since 1990. I pay the morgage for my mother's home in California. My domicile and tax home is germany.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: They levied my bofa account for 5000 for 2012 and 2013, because of mortgage interest paid.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/15/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

FTB may not levy your bank account just because you paid the mortgage interest...

I feel there are some additional facts missing here.

Most likely - they "think" that you are a resident of California - and there some facts which made them to believe so...

If you previously was a resident of California and your residency has been changed - you would need to provide evidence of your new residency.

But if there are some ties to California - for instance if you keep your CA driver's license - it woudl be harder to proof.

I woudl appreciate if you provide additional information regarding you prior and current residency and evidences you may provide to support your position.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor