How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29575
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

FTB levy.
, I live and work in Germany since 1990. I

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, FTB levy.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I live and work in Germany since 1990. I pay the morgage for my mother's home in California. My domicile and tax home is germany.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: They levied my bofa account for 5000 for 2012 and 2013, because of mortgage interest paid.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

FTB may not levy your bank account just because you paid the mortgage interest...

I feel there are some additional facts missing here.

Most likely - they "think" that you are a resident of California - and there some facts which made them to believe so...

If you previously was a resident of California and your residency has been changed - you would need to provide evidence of your new residency.

But if there are some ties to California - for instance if you keep your CA driver's license - it woudl be harder to proof.

I woudl appreciate if you provide additional information regarding you prior and current residency and evidences you may provide to support your position.