Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I accidentally sent in 1099's partners in my business how

Customer Question
Customer: I accidentally sent in...
Customer: I accidentally sent in 1099's for the partners in my business how will this effect them?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: So we use an online payroll system and I submitted the 1099's through there but they will be getting k-1's and I was not supposed to send the 1099s
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yeah
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
1/15/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 2 years ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You will have to sent a corrected 1099Misc. Here's the instructions how to do it:

http://budgeting.thenest.com/correct-1099-misc-mistake-previous-year-24567.html

You will also have to send a corrected copy to your partners.

You will basically file a form with 0s in the appropriate boxes. This will instruct IRS to disregard the originally filed 1099Misc.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.

emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser