How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an LLC and never used it. I registered it with the

Customer Question

Customer: i have an LLC and never used it. I registered it with the state. I've had it for over 5 years. I have not paid taxes on it nor was I alerted to do so by legalzoom registered agent services ive had since I owned it. I don't intend on using it in the future. do I owe taxes this year? back taxes since inception?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've been told to walk away from it. tax belongs to whomever wants to use that business name. more than one lawyer has said it. however I just got a notice this year from legalzoom (1st one ever) that i need to fill out 568 and pay 800.00.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes but i need to leave now...can you email me later? or?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know when you are available & we can discuss your options.

Steve G.