How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tax.appeal.168 Your Own Question
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3710
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Tax.appeal.168 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am creating a personal website. I am paying a photographer

Customer Question

I am creating a personal website. I am paying a photographer for some photos and a web designer to create it. Do I have any tax liability for this project?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 1 year ago.

You may have a tax reporting requirement, but not a tax liability. If the web designer and photographer are independent contractors, and you pay them $600 or more, you will need to issue them a 1099-Misc. They will be responsible for any tax due on the money that you paid them. A copy of the 1099-Misc must be submitted to the IRS as well. As independent contractors, you have no tax liability.

Link to Form 1099-Misc:

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.