How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3598
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grandaughter is 17, i adopted her but her grandfather and

Customer Question

My grandaughter is 17, i adopted her but her grandfather and his wife have temporary custody, we suspect they are using her name and Social Security number on items such as farm equipment, rental houses to avoid taxes. my question is how can we find out. Do we go to the IRS what can we do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

You can report suspected tax fraud by using Forms 3949-A (to report individuals that are not complying with tax laws) and 211 (to provide information and want to claim a reward).

The following link contains excellent information regarding both forms:

Please let me know if you require further information or need assistance with completing the forms.

Thank you and best regards,


Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to assist you.

Best regards,