Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

My grandaughter is 17, i adopted her but her grandfather and

Customer Question

My grandaughter is 17, i adopted her but her grandfather and his wife have temporary custody, we suspect they are using her name and Social Security number on items such as farm equipment, rental houses to avoid taxes. my question is how can we find out. Do we go to the IRS what can we do?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

You can report suspected tax fraud by using Forms 3949-A (to report individuals that are not complying with tax laws) and 211 (to provide information and want to claim a reward).

The following link contains excellent information regarding both forms:

https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/How-Do-You-Report-Suspected-Tax-Fraud-Activity%3F

Please let me know if you require further information or need assistance with completing the forms.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to assist you.

Best regards,

Barb