Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Just bought a house cash,, just looking how all this works

Customer Question
on taxes...
Just bought a house cash,, just looking how all this works on taxes
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
1/13/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

There is no taxable income just because you purchase a property.

All purchase costs are capitalized and and that is your basis.

You will need to keep all records.

When eventually the property will be sold - you will need to calculate the gain as (selling price) MINUS (adjusted basis)

As you purchase for cash - there is no mortgage interest deduction, but you still will pay real estate taxes which are deducted if you itemize.
Also because you are living in Texas and there is no income tax in this state - if you itemize - you deduct sales tax. Thus if you purchase any building materials for home improvements - sales taxes on building materials are deductible.
.
I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you will all tax related issues.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor