How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tax.appeal.168 Your Own Question
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3452
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Tax.appeal.168 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband owes 941 taxes from past years he is deceased now

Customer Question

my husband owes 941 taxes from past years he is deceased now can i make a deal with the irs and how do i go about this. i was not listed on the business.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 1 year ago.

If your husband has an estate, the IRS is going to want the estate to pay the taxes that were owed. You may be able to negotiate an amount less than what is owed. However, I would suggest that you have a reputable tax professional negotiate for you. SEE BELOW:

Income and Taxes and Estates

At the time of your death, your personal obligation to pay income tax ends and your assets become an "estate." An estate may include money, investments, real estate and other resources, some of which generate taxable income and/or remain taxable property. The tax obligations pass to the estate, and the administrator of the estate becomes the person responsible for filing tax returns and paying taxes out of estate assets.


Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.