Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My husband owes 941 taxes from past years he is deceased now

Customer Question
can i make a deal...
my husband owes 941 taxes from past years he is deceased now can i make a deal with the irs and how do i go about this. i was not listed on the business.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
1/13/2016
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 1 year ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

If your husband has an estate, the IRS is going to want the estate to pay the taxes that were owed. You may be able to negotiate an amount less than what is owed. However, I would suggest that you have a reputable tax professional negotiate for you. SEE BELOW:

Income and Taxes and Estates

At the time of your death, your personal obligation to pay income tax ends and your assets become an "estate." An estate may include money, investments, real estate and other resources, some of which generate taxable income and/or remain taxable property. The tax obligations pass to the estate, and the administrator of the estate becomes the person responsible for filing tax returns and paying taxes out of estate assets.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

http://finance.zacks.com/happens-federal-income-tax-debt-person-owes-dies-6209.html

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant