How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 55718
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed our taxes online and got a payment due amount of

Customer Question

I filed our taxes for 2011 online and got a payment due amount of over 6K, it didn't seem right but I requested a payment plan and went on. I went back to look at the 2011 form and saw the mistake, I entered the pension income in 2 places. This month should be the last payment due.
Is there a chance to recover money paid due to my mistake? I have looked at the form it takes but if there isn't a chance I would save myself the nightmare of filing. Obviously not my best moment.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Yes, you can file an amended return and receive a refund at any time within 3 years of the time you filed your return (or April 15) if you filed it early. So, your 2011 return would not have been due until April 15, 2015. Thus, you still have time to file an amended return and get your money refunded. :)

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it also matter that the full tax amount owed hasn't been completed?