How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15723
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Paid a tax attorney/cpa irs money then the irs cme to me and

Customer Question

paid a tax attorney/cpa irs money then the irs cme to me and told me I owed for these years I have check proof that I oaid him but irs said they never received payment
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


It is possible that the IRS never did receive the payment. Generally when you go through a CPA or Tax attorney you still make out the check to the IRS directly not the CPA or the Attorney.

If you made a check to the CPA/Attorney then you first need to speak with that individual and get a statement that shows what you paid and stipulates what the amount was for.

If you made a check out to the IRS get confirmation from your bank that the funds were accessed (the check was cashed).

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Please advise if you need more information or what you found out from the CPA/attorney.