How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29975
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am expecting a 30% tax credit ($7,500) on the installation

Customer Question

I am expecting a 30% tax credit ($7,500) on the installation of solar panels in 2015.
Does this offset taxes I would have to pay? What Form or schedule do I use, and on what line of Form 1040 is that reported?
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

Yes - that credit will reduce your tax liability.
It is not refundable - so if you do not have any tax liability - you woudl not be able to use the credit - but in such situation you can carry the credit over to the following tax year.

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

Here is the form to calculate the credit
and instructions
on form 1040 the credit is reported on line 53


I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you will all tax related issues.