How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im trying to figure out how to correctly fill out a form

Customer Question

Customer: Im trying to figure out how to correctly fill out a form 1310. We have filed the 1310 several times and the IRS keeps saying it is incomplete.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes. The Estate Representative was appointed using a small estate affidavit.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.



I hold a JD (Juris Doctorate, a doctoral degree in the law), concentration in Tax Law & Corporate law, an MBA (specialization in finance & tax), and BBA from mercer University’s Stetson School of Business and Economics, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. I can help here


You'll have to give me a little more information.


Some of the more common issues...


For example, only certain people related to the decedent are eligible to make this claim. ...


Proof and filing requirements vary based on your relationship to the decedent. Surviving spouses who filed a joint return with the decedent or personal representatives who have been appointed by the court after the decedent's death, for example, are exempt from filing Form 1310 in most cases.


Also, if you're not the surviving spouse or a court-appointed personal representative of the decedent, the IRS may ask for proof of death.


Can you tell me more? Are they indicating what's incomplete?