Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My name is ***** ***** Bixenman. One of my employees wifes

Customer Question
Customer: My name is *****...
Customer: My name is ***** ***** Bixenman. One of my employees wifes father recently passed away in Indiana. We live in Oklahoma. She has an inherited ira form that she is trying to complete, and it is asking for a state inheritance tax for. would she provide that from Oklahoma or Indiana. How do we get the form?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My name is ***** ***** Bixenman. One of my employees wifes father recently passed away in Indiana. We live in Oklahoma. She has an inherited ira form that she is trying to complete, and it is asking for a state inheritance tax for. would she provide that from Oklahoma or Indiana. How do we get the form?Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/tax/0kx4z-inheritance-tax-waiver-form-oklahoma.html#ixzz3wm1FIIfW
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, But I am going to get off of the computer, and let ***** ***** set down and wait for you He will call me for credit card info after you guys are done
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
1/9/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 1 year ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

The article/answer you are referring to is 8 years old. OK doesn't have any estate or inheritance tax any more, and the same apply to IN. The OK inheritance tax was changed to estate tax and in 2010 had been permanently repealed. Currently there are only few states left that still have inheritance or estate or both taxes. Here's 2015 map:

http://taxfoundation.org/sites/taxfoundation.org/files/docs/Estate-Taxes-Map-2015.png

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need a state inheritance tax form for oklahoma to complete the ira form. How can I get that form, preferrably free?

Oklahoma doesn't have inheritance tax any more. Are you looking for inheritance tax waiver form? It is not required in OK. Who is asking for the form?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is listed on the form. I will have her fill out the form, and add a note that form should not be required at this time. Perhaps the paperwork she has predates the repeal of the tax

There are still some state that have inheritance tax. For those states you need a waiver and you can download it from the state website. OK or IN don't have inheritance taxes. There's no form for OK or IN. What form are you reading it at? Can you send me a link to it? Who is the IRA plan administrator? Maybe I can look it up.

Here's the address for requesting wavers on inheritance received before Jan 1, 2010. No form is required after Jan 1, 2010:

Tax Commission
Estate Tax Division*****
Oklahoma City, OK 73194

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney