How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29771
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My LLC is in Illinois. I am the sole owner and its active

Customer Question

My LLC is in Illinois. I am the sole owner and its active President. I would like to move and have Florida become my main residence while my business continues in Illinois. What hurdles or road blocks might I face in regards ***** ***** through income and taxes.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

The issue is that your business continues in Illinois - and that means - you will have income from Illinois sources.

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

Therefore regardless of your residency - you still will file Illinois tax returns and will be liable for Illinois income taxes.
State income tax liability is based on both - the source or income AND residency.
If for instance you move to Florida - and will move your LLC to Florida as well and will NOT have any operations in Illinois - you would NOT have any tax liability in Illinois.
But if you will leave your LLC behind and it will continue operations in Illinois - you still will be liable for Illinois income tax as a nonresident - but in this case ONLY on income from Illinois sources.
I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you will all tax related issues.