How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15600
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Who do I contact to report my new mailing address?

Customer Question

Who do I contact to report my new mailing address?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


You of course want to change your address with the US post office so your mail can be forwarded..

You can change your address on file with the IRS in several ways:
• Write the new address in the appropriate boxes on your tax return;
• Use Form 8822, Change of Address, to submit an address or name change any time during the year

You can change your address with the state of Idaho by using the following

After you view my response, please post below if you need more information or if you need no further clarification a positive rating is appreciated.
I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate it when you take the extra time!