Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Can I get any help in filling W9 form and how do I know that

Customer Question
good morning: can I get...
good morning: can I get any help in filling W9 form and how do I know that I am eligible to get a tax, when I should forward my W9 form? thanks a lot
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
1/7/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

A W9 is used by persons required to file information returns with the IRS to get the payee's (or other person's) correct name and TIN. For individuals, the TIN is generally a social security number (SSN).

The W9 is just a document that you complete as a US person to give the potential payer of funds to you, your SSN, name , and address.

What part are you not sure about?

Please advise if you need more information about the W9 filing

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4