How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15187
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I get any help in filling W9 form and how do I know that

Customer Question

good morning: can I get any help in filling W9 form and how do I know that I am eligible to get a tax, when I should forward my W9 form? thanks a lot
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


A W9 is used by persons required to file information returns with the IRS to get the payee's (or other person's) correct name and TIN. For individuals, the TIN is generally a social security number (SSN).

The W9 is just a document that you complete as a US person to give the potential payer of funds to you, your SSN, name , and address.

What part are you not sure about?

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Please advise if you need more information about the W9 filing