Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How do I amend my 2014 tax return filed through turbotax?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
1/5/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

You may use TurboTax to prepare your amended tax return.
You will need to use 2014 tax software and select form 1040X.

But you woudl not able to file via the TurboTax.

For amended tax return - you need to print form 1040X with all required schedules and additional forms - and main the package to the IRS.

Ok, thanks

When you file an amended tax return - there is no need for separate letter.
On the amended tax form 1040X
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040x.pdf
see Part III - "Explanation of changes. In the space provided below, tell us why you are filing Form 1040X."

.

Depending on which state you live - you might need to amend the state income tax return as well.

Does that answer your question?
Let me know if you need any help with reporting.

.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you will all tax related issues.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor