How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15731
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Want to withdrawal $10,000 from traditional ira (to buy a

Customer Question

Want to withdrawal $10,000 from traditional ira (to buy a house) that I just rolled from a 401k. Will I be taxed on that
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


When you rolled the money to the IRA it was not taxable and kept it's tax deferred status until you withdraw.

You will be taxed on the amount you take out from the Trad IRA.

Since you are buying a house and if it qualifies as a first time home purchase, you would not have a 10% penalty (just in case you are not 59 1/2).

After you view my response, please post below if you need more information or if you need no further clarification a positive rating is appreciated.
I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate it when you take the extra time!

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Please advise if you need more information