How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax adviser
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3121
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a copy of my income tax documents (w-2s) from 2009-

Customer Question

i need a copy of my income tax documents (w-2s) from 2009- 2014.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If you cannot get it from your employer you can request IRS document transcripts. Transcript is not an actual copy but it has all the information you will need to prepare your federal return. It will not have state/city information. Here's how to get it:

What you are looking for is a DOCUMENT transcript, not return transcript.

If you need actual copies, you can get it form social security office for a fee, currently $37 per copy.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.