Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have questions about Schedule C.

Customer Question
I have questions about Schedule C.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/3/2016
Tax Professional: Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer replied 1 year ago
Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer

Your requested expert doesn't seem to be online at the moment. However, I'm sure he would want a more specific question than "I have questions about Schedule C", so it would be a good idea for youto add more material.

Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

So if you run a business as a solo proprietor - there would not be any difference for income tax purposes, but the owner will be taxed on net business profit - and will be subject to both - income and self-employment tax.

You will report your income and may deduct qualified expenses.- you may report all business income and expenses -

on the schedule C -

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040sc.pdf

The net income (after deductions) will be reported on the form 1040 line 12 -

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf

If the business has net income over $400, it may be required to file Schedule SE, Self-Employment Tax

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040se.pdf

and net self-employment income is subject to 15.3% self-employment tax.

Self-employment taxes from schedule SE will go to the form 1040 line 57 -

Also - you will deduct half of self-employment taxes on the line 27.

Generally - that all you needs tax purposes.

Please review all possible deductions - that might help to reduce income tax liability.

Any questions?

.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you will all tax related issues.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor