How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29799
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm ***** ***** -
, I'm a W2 Contractor. I am not

Customer Question

Customer: I'm ***** ***** - hello!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm a W2 Contractor for Apex. I am not reimbursed (I have a letter from them stating this) for my expenses and would like to know what I can deduct when filing 2015 tax return.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How long?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

If you are an employee, you may be able to deduct your work-related expenses as an itemized deduction (subject to limitations) on Form 1040, Schedule A, Itemized Deductions.
You must keep records to prove the expenses you deduct.
If your employer reimbursed you or gave you an advance or allowance for your employee business expenses that is treated as paid under an accountable plan, the payment should not appear as income on your Form W2, Wage and Tax Statement. You do not include the payment in your income, and you may not deduct any of the reimbursed amounts.
Generally, you must use Form 2106 or Form 2106-EZ to figure your deduction for employee business expenses and attach it to your Form 1040, US Individual Income Tax Return. You then take the deductible expenses on Form 1040, Schedule A as a miscellaneous itemized deduction subject to the 2% of adjusted gross income limit.

Let me know if you need help with any specific expenses.