How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In WA state, if I take a lump sum from an untaxed retirement

Customer Question

In WA state, if I take a lump sum from an untaxed retirement fund to purchase a car (I am retired and 62) will it count as a monthly portion or annual portion as income as it pertains to a healthcare exchange premium. Will I lose credits for one month or 12 months or remaining months after the lump sum.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

The premium and credit eligibility is based on total annual income. You will not necessary loose the credit, but you will have to include the distribution when you estimate your income so the credit may be lower, depending on the amount of distribution. Since you will not be taking the distribution today, it will count as income next year.