How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29971
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was wondering if I can pay a notice 1120s tax form online

Customer Question

Customer: Hi I was wondering if I can pay a notice for an 1120s tax form online for a previous year
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I got a notice that I had to pay 26.50 for a tax period of December 31 2011, Form 1120s
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: It says I can pay that at
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attached is the notice I am trying to pay
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

Yes - the IRS provides option to pay online.

If you're an individual taxpayer, IRS Direct Pay offers you a free, secure electronic payment method.

Please be aware that Direct Pay will be unavailable for short maintenance periods daily between 11:45 p.m. and midnight Eastern time. Saturday's outage will extend through 7 a.m. Eastern time on Sunday.


Another way to pay via credit or debit card - using a third party providers

Please be aware of additional fees each provider charges

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lev,That is right on their homepage, but I am trying to understand how to select an 1120s type of payment. I don't see that option anywhere. I am looking for an in-depth answer, this is the exact info they have on their homepage.
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

Please be aware that businesses may use EFTPS- Electronic Federal Tax Payment System.

FTPS is a secure government web site that allows users to make federal tax payments electronically. EFTPS offers you the convenience and flexibility of making your tax payments via the Internet or phone. You definitely may schedule payments per each payroll cycle - that is possible.

Please find here EFTPS Payment Instruction Booklet for Business and Individual Taxpayers

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is of no help, respectfully ***** ***** please transfer me to someone that is a little more knowledgeable on the subject.
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

that is not a matter of being "knowledgeable"

Unfortunately - these are ONLY options for online payments accepted by the IRS.

There are no other options...
You may set a payment via your bank Bill Pay option - but that all we have.
If you are not able to use any of listed options - you would not be able to pay online.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question isn't about the types of payments then accept, I am looking for more specific steps based on the form 1120s they want me to make a payment for. I appreciate you trying to help, but you are telling me where I can go with links to make general payments, I need to the specific steps for my IRS notice that walking me through paying the specific form I attached to this question.
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

If you are willing to use IRS e-pay system
go to

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

...then select
Apply payment to = Civil Penalty
Reason for Payment = Other Amount Due
Tax Period = 2011 December
Provide your personal identification as on your individual tax return
Let me know if you are able to pass that point.
I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you will all tax related issues.