Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have changed my email address, my physical address, and

Customer Question
are unable to go on...
I have changed my email address, my physical address, and are unable to go on line to renew my PTIN. The system keeps telling me to try again since my SS# ***** not changed. Please help. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
12/31/2015
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 1 year ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Happy New Year!! Since you're having trouble online, you may want to call the PTIN information line so that they can assist you.

PTIN Account Information Line - Toll-Free: 877-613-PTIN (7846)
TTY:
***-***-****
Toll Number for International Callers:
+1(###) ###-####strong>
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (CST)

You can also go to the following IRS webpage and chat live with a representative. You may be able to get the issue solved this way as well.

https://www.irs.gov/Tax-Professionals/Contact-the-Return-Preparer-Program

Let me know if you require further assistance with this matter.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant