Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am trying to title a new car in MO where have a residence.

Customer Question
Hello, I am trying to...
Hello, I am trying to title a new car in MO where have a residence. I just bought it new. I spoke to the license office in Camdenton as my residence is in Roach. However I am in Florida at second residence until Mid May. I want to pay the sales tax now to avoid penalty and get the title. Then in May when I can be there in person I will license the car. Also we didn't buy our residence in MO till June of 2014, so I have not paid any personal property tax. So, I need to send in the title application, proof of insurance, the payment for sales tax and what else. Also, what address do I send it to? Thx.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
12/30/2015
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

You will send in the title application, proof of insurance, the payment for sales tax and

MAIL TO:

MOTOR VEHICLE BUREAU,

P.O. BOX 100,

JEFFERSON CITY, MO###-##-####/p>

New (not previously titled) motor vehicles and all trailers and ATVs are exempt from safety inspection notices so no need for that.

As you do not have the personal property send a statement with your residence date in MO.

If my answer addressed your question please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed).

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4