Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

, and I am looking regarding Form 8903. Everything we

Customer Question
Customer: Hi, JA: Thanks. Can...
Customer: Hi,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My name is ***** ***** I am looking for information regarding Form 8903. Everything we sale we manufacturer in the US. Does this mean that I would disclose all income including shipping and deduct all costs including selling and admin costs?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How long are we talking?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
12/30/2015
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Domestic Production Gross Receipts (DPGR) is defined in instructions - see page 3

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i8903.pdf

Here is a list what is included and what is NOT included into Gross receipts.
As we see - Total sales (net of returns and allowances) is included.

There is NO specific exclusion for shipping costs as long as that payment is related to the Qualified Production Activity.

Correspondingly - on that form we need to report COGS and deductions related to same activities. So if you are using a third party vendor for shipping - that cost would be deducted.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
basically if all of our activities are QPA then on form 8903 line 12 that number should equal my net income correct?

Yes - correct.

- and the credit will be calculated based on NET income from qualified activities.

But if ALL activities are qualified - that would be the same as All income.

.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you will all tax related issues.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor