Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Do you have to pay 30% to the IRS on money inherited. year

Customer Question
Do you have to pay...
Do you have to pay 30% to the IRS on money inherited. For the year 2014 taxes we paid over 30,000 since this time we received a letter that we would get back $1,042 because there was a error on our taxes that was in Sept but we have not received anything yell ease help!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
12/28/2015
Tax Professional: Richard, Tax Attorney replied 1 year ago
Richard, Tax Attorney

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you provide me a bit more information? How much money are we talking about? Also, was the inheritance from an IRA, 401k, or other retirement type account? Thanks.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney