Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

, my dad has a S-corp, he wants to liquidate the

Customer Question
Customer: hi JA: Thanks. Can...
Customer: hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my dad has a S-corp, he wants to liquidate the company and pay the capital gains on it. I would like the shell of the company and for him not dissolve the shell. Can he do a full liquidation, but not dissolve the firm?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: are you the tax expert or is this posted to the public
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
I paid to chat with someone, not to get a emailed response. I also expect CPA. This service seems like a scam.
THIS SERVICE SUCKS, PLEASE PROVIDE ME A REFUND
THIS IS A COMPLETE SCAM.
I WANT A REFUND!!!
YOU SAID I PAY IF SATISFIED, NOT I PAY AND YOU DON"T ANSWER. SCAM, SCAM SCAM! PROVIDE ME A REFUND!
ALSO, ALL CONVERSATION SHOULD BE PRIVATE, NOT PUBLIC! SCAM!
12/23/2015
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

In this case "liquidation" woudl mean dissolution of S-corporation.
For tax purposes - that is treated as selling shares. The selling price is the value of assets distributed to shareholders upon dissolution - that is so-called liquidating distribution. If there is nothing to distribute - the selling price assumed as zero.

If you want to take over that S-corporation - you may simply purchase shares.

.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you will all tax related issues.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor