Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

An LLC I was a Member of before departing in 2013 has sold a

Customer Question
Hi, An LLC I was a...
An LLC I was a Member of before departing in 2013 has sold a subsidiary this year, which will result in a lot of taxable income to be distributed to me this year as I still hold ~10% equity stake.
It is my understanding that I may need to move quickly (before end of year) to abandon my interest in the LLC if I want to avoid a massive tax liability. I realize we are painfully close to the end of the year, and I am happy to pay any applicable rates to understand what the best course of action personal-tax-wise would be: abandon, sell, donate (?), assign to existing Member, etc.
Thanks - I really appreciate it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
12/22/2015
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi. I'm PDtax. I'll assist.

I'll need to review your finances a bit, and the LLC structure to assist. I'll post an Offer of Additional Service for an hour's time to consult. We can work on this later today once you accept.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney