Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I need help with that question.
, what does Life-time

Customer Question
Customer: I need help with...
Customer: I need help with that question.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what does Life-time credit does
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: no then.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
All of the following statements are true regarding the Lifetime Learning credit except:
A) In order to qualify for the Lifetime Learning credit, a student must be enrolled 1/2 time.
B) Qualifying expenses include those for tuition and related fees but not for room and board.
C) The Lifetime Learning credit may be claimed for any degree or nondegree course at a college or university that helps an individual acquire or improve their job skills.
D) The Lifetime Learning credit and the American Opportunity Tax credit may not be taken in the same tax year with respect to the same student's tuition and related fees.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/21/2015
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 2 years ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

The answer is A. To qualify for the credit student doesn't have to be enrolled 1/2 time or full time. It can be taken for one or two courses.

B is correct. It can be used for Tuition and fees required for enrollment or attendance (including amounts required to be paid to the institution for course-related books, supplies, and equipment), but no room and board.

C is correct. The credit is available for all years of postsecondary education and for courses to acquire or improve job skills

D is correct. You cannot claim the credit if you claim AOC or Tuition and fees deduction for the same student in the same year.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.

emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser