Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
58285678

Arnaldo depina
, i can't renew my ptin and i tried all

Customer Question

Customer: arnaldo depina
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i can't renew my ptin and i tried all the ways possible and i need the address to see if i can do my mail.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Happy Holidays!! I understand that you are having issues with renewing your PTIN. You wrote that you have tried all the ways possible. Does one of those ways include calling the PTIN help line? If not, you may want to try calling them and letting them know that you are having issues renewing online. SEE BELOW:

PTIN Account Information Line - Toll-Free: 877-613-PTIN (7846)
TTY:
***-***-****
Toll Number for International Callers:
+1(###) ###-####strong>
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (CST)

However, if you prefer to renew the PTIN by mail, you will need to complete the Form W12. Link to Form W12: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw12.pdf.

By mail.

Complete Form W-12. Send the form along with a check or money order for the fee to:

IRS Tax Pro PTIN Processing Center

*****#5000

Waterloo, IA 50702

Note. Allow 4 to 6 weeks for processing of paper Forms W-12

Let me know if you require further assistance with this matter.