Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My accountant filed my Personal and LLC 2014 tax returns on

Customer Question
Customer: My accountant filed my...
Customer: My accountant filed my Personal and LLC 2014 tax returns on 10-15-2015. I received notice from the IRS that the LLC returns were late and I am being penalized. My accountant will not return my calls to address this issue and others. Should I pay the penalty and find another accountant?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I signed the returns and the CPA was to mail them. I received not notice of not filing my personal return.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
12/15/2015
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

You may wish to retain another but you can request the penalty be abated.

You said your LLC was late in filing. If this was a single member LLC and your income was reported on Schedule C you can call the IRS use the number listed on the notice you received) and request they abate the penalty based on either "first time" providing you have not been late before or because you relied on your professional.

Tax professionals can also request abatement using IRS e-services so if your accountant will not make themselves available to you another can still intercede on your behalf.

I sincerely ***** ***** information is helpful.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I filed last year 10/15/14, took the returns to the post office and dropped them in the box midday,(wrong thing to do). My CPA got us, 3 Partners, out because of no priors. My CPA got my signature, and supposedly when to the post office after leaving my office. Upon contacting her, she said she had three other clients reporting the same thing. With this information, would you recommend paying the fine and then find a new CPA?

Unless the date to pay is this week no. I would still work with the original CPA because they appear to have taken the actions needed.

But, trust is required so if you have no trust in them doing what they said they have done then yes. Seek a new CPA and pay now.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4