Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My husband is stuck in India behind a business textile

Customer Question
Customer: Hi, My husband is...
Customer: Hi, My husband is stuck in India behind a business textile shipment transaction and their holding up the wire transfer his payment which was transferred to a Reserve Bank In India from his Bossman asking for a Tax Clerance Code??? He was not contracted over there, he just prepared and followed the shipment through clearance at to the warehouse.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Hi, My husband is stuck in India behind a business textile shipment transaction and their holding up the wire transfer his payment which was transferred to a Reserve Bank In India from his Bossman asking for a Tax Clerance Code??? He was not contracted over there, he just prepared and followed the shipment through clearance at to the warehouse.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
12/11/2015
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

I believe you are looking for the certificate of residency in order to claim tax treaty benefits in a foreign country - correct?
Ok - the IRS procedure for requesting a certificate of residency is the submission of Form 8802, Application for United States Residency Certification . Use of the Form 8802 is mandatory.
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8802.pdf
Here are instructions
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i8802.pdf
Please be aware - there is a fee $85
Estimated processing time is 45 days.

That is IRS number for questions related to your request _267_941_1000_

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No Sir, That's not the case and the same and given from the last lawyer to which I responded wasn't correct.. Disregard and don't charge my card..

Please be aware that experts do not have access to your account.
All issues with payments, credit card, subscription, etc - should be directed to the customer service.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor