How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29558
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Looking regarding LT16 form and sending in Form 911 to IRS.

Customer Question

Customer: Looking for information regarding LT16 form and sending in Form 911 to IRS.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have back taxes from 2009 to 2014, was on several payment plans but because of business fluctuations in income was unable to comply. I've since opened a new company that is doing well and am now in a position to initiate another payment plan, however I need some time to get an accountant involved in my current business to make sure I know what I owe for 2015 tax returns and what the best course of action is financially in setting up a payment deal with the IRS.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I think I have time, if not I'll come back later.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

LT16 form is an indication that an enforcement action may be taken to collect taxes you owe because you have not responded to previous notices sent to you on this matter.
The letter includes a number of options available to you.

Please be aware that you have very limited time - contact the IRS as soon as possible to avoid collection action, no later than 10 days from the date on the letter.

Enforcement action including levy on your wages, bank accounts, federal payment, state tax refunds, or other income sources may result if your balance is not resolved. If you are unable to pay in full, a monthly payment plan may be available, or collection may be delayed if you are unable to pay due to financial hardship.

Please be ready to discuss you income, expenses and assets owned if you feel that you are unable to pay; proof may be requested.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This much information I already know. I'm more concerned with how I can buy more time to get some financial matters in order before and figure what is the best plan financially, I've recently discovered form 911 and have been looking into what is the best course of action.
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

The form 911 is to request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance.

TAS can help if you cannot resolve your problem with the IRS and:

  • Your problem is causing financial difficulties for you, your family or your business.
  • You face (or your business is facing) an immediate threat of adverse action.
  • You have tried repeatedly to contact the IRS but no one has responded, or the IRS has not responded by the date promised.

If you qualify for TAS help, you'll be assigned to one advocate who’ll be with you at every turn and do everything possible to resolve your problem.

Each state has at least one Local Taxpayer Advocate who is independent of the local IRS office and reports directly to the National Taxpayer Advocate. Select your state on the map below to find the phone number and address of the Taxpayer Advocate Service office nearest you. You can also call this toll-free number to find out if TAS can help you: _1_877_777_4778_

As you already received LT16 letter - do not delay -

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you will all tax related issues.