How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax adviser
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3174
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I did not file my taxes this year. I know I was going to

Customer Question

I did not file my taxes this year. I know I was going to owe. I need to remedy and move forward. I do not itemize, I do not have any $ to pay up front any balance to the irs. What process do I follow now, what can I expect?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

First at all you need to prepare your tax return and file it even if you cannot pay right away to stop the penalty for not filing. You can send as much you right now and than request an installment agreement to pay the balance due over the next 5 years. How much do you think you owe? If you owe less than 10K the agreement is usually automatically accepted.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.