emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

I received an EFTPS enrollment form today. It said the

Customer Question

I received an EFTPS enrollment form today. It said the information I gave did not match the IRS files.what can I do?
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

It means that information IRS has on file from third parties or provided by you before doesn't match with information provided by you on the enrollment form. Did IRS provided any explanation or gave you a rejection code?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, they didn't say what information was missing or different. No, rejection code.
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Rejection code will give a good idea what's wrong. However, if there's no rejection code (code 0 - 9), you have no other options but call IRS e-help desk at(###) ###-#### ***** select option 3.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

In case you locate the code, here's the link with explanations what it means and how to resolve it: https://www.irs.gov/irm/part3/irm_03-017-277.html#d0e2149

scroll to section: 3.17.277.4.2 (01-01-2008)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried all day to call them and never gotten through.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Above my name and company name is ***** ***** Is this what. You are looking for?
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

What number did you call? Tuesdays and Wednesdays are usually busy, waiting time is about 30 - 45 minutes. Try to call between 7 a 9 am.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** call first thing in the morn. The number I called is(###) ###-####
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

p.15 T1 looks likes internal numbers. The number you called is the business line, this can be busy especially during this time of year, but eventually they would transfer you to the correct department. Try the one I gave you. I know, it is hassle to call IRS. On overage I spend about 12 - 15 hours a week on the phone waiting for IRS to respond.

Anything else I can help you with today?

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.