Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have an original 28k electric wheel chair that I want to

Customer Question
sell or donate for most...
I have an original 28k electric wheel chair that I want to sell or donate for most amount of profit. what are my oppions.?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
12/9/2015
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 2 years ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You cannot donate something for profit. Donating means give something to a qualified charity without receiving anything in return. What are you asking about? Possible tax deductions? If you donate it, you will be able deduct fair market value of it on the day of donation. If the value is over $5000 the charitable organization will most likely require some kind of appraisal.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney