Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

MY MOTHER PASSED AND ONLY CHILD. I HAVE PAID ALL HER MEDICAL…

Customer Question
MY MOTHER PASSED AND IM...
MY MOTHER PASSED AND IM HER ONLY CHILD. I HAVE PAID ALL HER MEDICAL BILLS AND PERSONAL BILL AND THE INHERITANCY TAX ON ACCOUNT HOW LONG DO THE ESTATE HAVE TO STAY OPEN SHE DIED IN MAY 2015
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
12/7/2015
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Unless - the estate is going through probate - there is no specific time period requirements.
As soon as the estate is identified, all tax obligations of the deceased and the estate are completed - as an executor of your mother's estate - you may distribute all assets and file a final estate tax return.

I appreciate if take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you will all tax related issues.