How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15302
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How much income tax will I have to pay on alimony of

Customer Question

How much income tax will I have to pay on alimony of $144,000 per year? I have deductions of:
$14,000 in mortgage interest and taxes and whatever the individual deducation which I do not know. I live in Florida and not sure if there is State taxes as well. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


Florida does not have an Individual Income Tax so you would have no state tax to pay.

Do you have any dependents?

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

If you have no dependents and you use the itemized deductions (claim mortgage interest) then your tax would be estimated at $28,350.

You can also claim real estate taxes with that mortgage too.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

If my answer addressed your question please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed), if you need more information reply below.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Please advise Susan, if you need more information or rating in a positive way is acceptable.

Expert:  Miel-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Susan

You mentioned a forensic accountant in your section for what you have tried but your own tax liability would be a different situation than an accountant going over your joint or ex's income tax filing.

Please post below if you need to discuss your own tax filing obligations further.