Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Child caretaker exemption -term care, is bank statement and

Customer Question
For the child caretaker exemption...
For the child caretaker exemption for long-term care, is bank statement and tax form enough to proof the child has been living at home to care for the parent, anything else is needed?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
12/3/2015
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 2 years ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

What state are you located in?

New York

There is no definitive information as to what documentation is required. However, if there should ever be a question about the address of the caretaker, I am sure that a bank statement and a filed tax return should be sufficient to serve as proof that the child resided at that address.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant